Here are some things you should be doing to keep your inventory in tip-top shape:
- Are you using the Purchase Order / Receiving Order system? Use it so you have accurate costs, quantities, and profit margins at all times.
- Make it a habit to set up products correctly: Always add Reorder Point, Desired Stock Level, and Vendor.
- Export and save Inventory Value monthly.
- Check Low Inventory report weekly.
- Check Ordered Inventory report periodically.
- Check Products > Products > Filters for items with no Departments periodically.
- Same area, check for No Categories periodically.
- Same area, check for No Vendor periodically.