If you wish to integrate with certified Scuba Schools International (SSI) courses and registered members, you can activate this integration. Your classes will be able to be set as any certified SSI course, and your customers can be integrated so their skill level and completed courses are always listed and up to date.
You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the Gear-Shaped Button on the far right side of the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking on Settings > Integrations > SSI.
Configure Your SSI Integration
Before you can integrate, you must already be a dive shop registered with SSI. In the SSI tab, you'll see the following setup area:
Enable the Integration:
- Enter your Dive Center Number that was given to you by SSI.
- Enter your SSI Password for that shop ID.
- You will need to do this for each of your Locations, if you have multiple shops.
- Click Save once you're finished.
Integrate a Rain Class as an SSI Course
Please note that classes set to integrate with SSI cannot use online registration through the website: all students must sign up through the Register. Go to POS > Classes, and either click on the class you want in the list or click the +New Class button. On the Details tab of the class you will see a drop-list for SSI Class.
That drop-list will contain all current certified SSI classes.
Complete the rest of the class information in the normal way, and when you save it, anyone you sign up for the class will need to be integrated as well in their Customer information to make sure they are eligible for the class and to register their participation in it with SSI.
Integrate a Customer as an SSI Diver
Whenever you are signing up a customer for an SSI class in the Register (they cannot sign up online: such classes will not appear on the website, in-store registration only) you will need to open the customer's information and integrate them as an SSI diver. Here is how to integrate a customer:
- In the Register, search for the customer and click on their name to open their data profile.
- Make sure that you have their first and last name and birth date in the Details tab just as they have them in their SSI account. If you made any changes click to the Save button to save them first before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the Dive Info tab.
- Click on the Link Customer to SSI button.
- If their information is a match and they are already in SSI's database, the panel will close and you'll need to click on the Customer's name again and go back to the Dive Info tab.
- Once they are integrated, you will see at the bottom of the page any courses they have completed (if they were already in the SSI database) and you can fill in the Diving Since, Logged Dives, Freediving Since, and Logged Freedives fields, as well as the Unit type preferred.
Here is an example of an integrated diver: