For 2020, we have bi-monthly training webinars scheduled to help you master the Rain system and get the most out of the parts of the system you need. Feel free to register for any of the events below. We will also be doing some premiere webinars featuring knowledgeable tech gurus such as the Rain founder and CEO, Sean Roylance, and those events will be announced separately.
Please note that if you register for a month, you are able to attend both webinars in that month. You will be sent a reminder email with a link to join the webinar the day before each event.
To view previously recorded webinars, please click here.
Rain Retail Training Webinar Series
Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Settings - How do you want your Register to operate?
• Basic Register operations: working with customers, working with line items, and completing transactions.
• Returns, exchanges, & voids - finding transactions.
• Customer Actions - Quotes vs. Paused transactions, Rentals, Account Balance, Reward Coupons, Layaways, Special Orders, Work Orders, Rent to Own, Finance Contracts, Transaction History for Returns.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Backup Plans for When the Rain Service Is Unavailable
• What do I do when my internet goes down?
• What do I do if the Rain System goes down?
• What do I do if my processing service / terminal isn't working?
Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Purchase Orders, Receiving Orders, and Special Orders
• Setting up your inventory for ordering in the Rain system.
• Create a Special Order.
• Run a PO with an SO attached, learn about backorders and completing orders.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Web Order Management
• How a live order goes through the system from beginning to end.
• Check Orders module daily: don't wait for the email.
• Communicate actively; provide tracking on shipments.
• Practice good status maintenance: Always know where your orders are.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Search Engine Optimization in the Rain System - Your Instructor will be SEO Specialist, Brett Lynch
• Create SEO titles and descriptions for your Rain system web pages.
• Optimize images and content for good SEO.
• Best practices, networking strategies, and free tools to be mindful of to keep the search engines finding you and indexing you favorably.
Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Kits, Precuts, and Packages in the Rain System
• Create and sell Kits, and bundle them with your Classes.
• Use the Precuts module to break up products into separate products.
• Configure Package Deals and sell them in the Register.
Tuesday, April 7th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Creating Products in Rain
• Areas of the Rain system where you can create products.
• Manually creating a product.
• Creating products in bulk from the Catalog.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Layaways and Loaners
• Create, manage, and complete Layaways in the Rain system.
• Managing Loaners for service work / Layaways.
• Inventory management for your Layaways.
Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Product Categories, Departments, and Vendors
• Create and organize Categories for your products in the Rain system.
• Make Departments for your products.
• Set up your Vendors and prepare your products for ordering.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Working With Your Classes
• Create, manage, and sell Class registrations in the Rain system.
• Prepare your website for promoting and selling Class sign ups.
• Integrate your Calendar module with Classes.
Thursday, June 11th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Working With Coupons and Gift Cards
• Create and manage Coupons in the Rain system.
• Sell Gift Cards through your website.
• Use and sell Gift Cards and Coupons in the Register.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Work Orders and Loaners
• Manage your parts inventory and service listings for Work Orders.
• Create, manage, and complete Work Orders in the Rain system.
• Managing Loaners for service work.
Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Serialized Inventory Management
• Setting up to work with your serialized products.
• Creating and selling serialized products.
• Add, edit, delete, and manage your serial numbers.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Prepare for Subscriptions: Create products and adjust settings.
• Create Subscription programs in the Rain system.
• Managing subscriptions through completion.
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Marketing Package, Part One
• Use Filters to create targeted mailing lists.
• Configure your automated marketing emails.
• Request Reviews and Text Message Marketing.
Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Bulk Edit Products
• Use the product list page Filters to find product groups.
• Bulk edit newly added products for important details.
• Bulk edit products to set and remove sale prices.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Marketing Package, Part Two
• Use Customer Groups for your marketing.
• Email marketing.
• Website marketing modules.
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Report Use by Situation
• Overview of Rain system reports.
• Learn primary functions of the reports.
• Best practices for Rain system reports.
Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Invoicing feature overview.
• Working with customer invoice balances owed and credits.
• Manage invoices and send email notifications.
Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Setting up for consignment selling.
• Tracking and fulfilling payments for your consignment sellers.
• Reporting for consignments.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Rent to Own, Rent to Rent, and Finance Contracts
• Setting up for rental / finance contracts.
• Create and manage contracts, exchange rental items, and complete contracts.
• Rent items through your website.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Inventory Count Using Batch Inventory
• Inventory count procedures.
• Running a Batch Inventory count.
• Reconciling the Batch Inventory changes.
Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Integrations - Reverb, SSI, Locally, and More
• Overview of different integrations in the Rain system.
• Setting up your Integrations.
• Using Integrations throughout the system.
Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Upcoming Features for 2021
• Take a look at new features under development, more details TBA.