Covid19 / Coronavirus Update: Due to the slowdown we are experiencing from the coronavirus difficulties, we will be cancelling webinars for April 7 through the end of August. It is possible there will be further cancellations. Registered participants for those events are being notified.
For 2020, we have bi-monthly training webinars scheduled to help you master the Rain system and get the most out of the parts of the system you need. Feel free to register for any of the events below. We will also be doing some premiere webinars featuring knowledgeable tech gurus such as the Rain founder and CEO, Sean Roylance, and those events will be announced separately.
Please note that if you register for a month, you are able to attend both webinars in that month. You will be sent a reminder email with a link to join the webinar the day before each event.
To view previously recorded webinars, please click here.
Rain Retail Training Webinar Series
Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Settings - How do you want your Register to operate?
• Basic Register operations: working with customers, working with line items, and completing transactions.
• Returns, exchanges, & voids - finding transactions.
• Customer Actions - Quotes vs. Paused transactions, Rentals, Account Balance, Reward Coupons, Layaways, Special Orders, Work Orders, Rent to Own, Finance Contracts, Transaction History for Returns.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Backup Plans for When the Rain Service Is Unavailable
• What do I do when my internet goes down?
• What do I do if the Rain System goes down?
• What do I do if my processing service / terminal isn't working?
Watch the recorded videos:
Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Purchase Orders, Receiving Orders, and Special Orders
• Setting up your inventory for ordering in the Rain system.
• Create a Special Order.
• Run a PO with an SO attached, learn about backorders and completing orders.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Web Order Management
• How a live order goes through the system from beginning to end.
• Check Orders module daily: don't wait for the email.
• Communicate actively; provide tracking on shipments.
• Practice good status maintenance: Always know where your orders are.
Watch the recorded videos:
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Search Engine Optimization in the Rain System - Your Instructor will be SEO Specialist, Brett Lynch
• Create SEO titles and descriptions for your Rain system web pages.
• Optimize images and content for good SEO.
• Best practices, networking strategies, and free tools to be mindful of to keep the search engines finding you and indexing you favorably.
Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Kits, Precuts, and Packages in the Rain System
• Create and sell Kits, and bundle them with your Classes.
• Use the Precuts module to break up products into separate products.
• Configure Package Deals and sell them in the Register.
Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Marketing Package, Part Two
• Use Customer Groups for your marketing.
• Email marketing.
• Website marketing modules.
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Report Use by Situation
• Overview of Rain system reports.
• Learn primary functions of the reports.
• Best practices for Rain system reports.
Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Invoicing feature overview.
• Working with customer invoice balances owed and credits.
• Manage invoices and send email notifications.
Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
• Setting up for consignment selling.
• Tracking and fulfilling payments for your consignment sellers.
• Reporting for consignments.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Rent to Own, Rent to Rent, and Finance Contracts
• Setting up for rental / finance contracts.
• Create and manage contracts, exchange rental items, and complete contracts.
• Rent items through your website.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Inventory Count Using Batch Inventory
• Inventory count procedures.
• Running a Batch Inventory count.
• Reconciling the Batch Inventory changes.
Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Integrations - Reverb, SSI, Locally, and More
• Overview of different integrations in the Rain system.
• Setting up your Integrations.
• Using Integrations throughout the system.
Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 at 10:00 am Mountain Time
Upcoming Features for 2021
• Take a look at new features under development, more details TBA.