Settings for Invoices
Please Note: Enabling Invoices will change the way your customer balances and credits work, and is something you won't be able to turn off again yourself if you decide you don't want to use it. To learn more before turning it on, please click here.
You can get to this part of the system by clicking on the Gear-Shaped Button on the far right side of the blue Admin Toolbar and then clicking on Settings > POS Settings > Invoices.
Configuring Your Invoices
Here are the items you can configure for your Invoices:
- Default Term - You can set the number of days you normally use for the term you allow on your Invoices. You can enter any number of days.
- Starting Invoice ID - As you begin creating invoices in the Rain system, you can use whatever numbering you currently use and start from there, as long as it is just a number and doesn't contain any special characters or spaces.
- Statement Autosend Day - The drop list for this setting goes from 1 to 31, and with it you can set the day of the month you want your Invoice statements to be automatically emailed out by the system. For example, in the image above, the sample company will autosend invoice statements on the first of each month.
- Percentage Late Payment Charge - If you wish to charge a late fee for invoices that go past your allowed term, you can enter the percentage number of the invoice total you want to charge, and if needed, you can also set a tax on the fee, if that is appropriate for your area. Please note that you can only enter whole numbers for your late fee percentage, e.g. it is not possible to save a number like 3.5%.
- Print Letter Size for Sales Receipt - If you enable this option, any invoice receipts you print from the system will print out in U.S. Letter size (8.5-inches x 11-inches) instead of the narrower receipt format. Similarly, with this enabled, the automated receipt emails will be formatted to that size.
Be sure to click the Save button at the bottom when you're done with your changes!