To help you stay competitive during this unusual time, you can now allow your customers to pickup online orders via curbside. You can offer this option into traditional shipping options and in-store pickup.
Here is a short video showing you the setup and fulfillment process for this new option:
Setting Up Curbside Pickup
- Go to the Gear Button > Settings > Website Settings > Shipping. You'll see a new option for Enable Curbside Pickup.
- Toggle the setting On for Curbside Pickup, and click Configure.
- Enter instructions for the customer for what to do when they arrive at the store to pick up their order curbside. These will be emailed to the customer in their initial order confirmation and again when you mark the order as ready for pickup. You can configure these instructions for each of your Locations, if you have multiple stores.
Web Order Checkout
When checking out, your customers will see the following:
Web Order Fulfillment for Curbside Pickup
When you go to Products > Orders to fulfill an order that uses this option, you'll have some new capabilities within the Orders interface.
- Go to Products > Orders and find the order you want, then click the Transaction ID to open it.
- Click the Update button for Fulfillment and then mark the order as In Process.
- If it's an order for which you're waiting on delivery for items to arrive at your store, you can Mark as Shipped to Store.
- When the order is put together and ready to go, click the Mark as Ready for Pickup button, and the system will email the customer, and the email will contain your Curbside Pickup instructions, as shown in the example below. Please note, these instructions are also included in the initial email confirmation sent to the customer.
Here to Help
Rain has taken appropriate actions to protect its employees, including some new work from home policies and social distancing. Even with all those changes, we are open and ready to answer any questions you may have. Now is a great time to evaluate ways to improve your business so that when things return to normal your business is positioned better than ever to succeed.
So, give us a call, send in a ticket, or explore our support documentation. We are here to help your business succeed.