Existing products can be easily updated with new or missing information using the Product Catalog tool. This is especially useful when a product is missing important details such as images or descriptions that can be found in the Product Catalog.
- Go to Products > Products to search for the item you want to update and click on the product title.
- Using the Catalog Search at the top of the product details page, type the name of the product you are updating, and then press 'Enter' or click on the search icon.
- From here you can filter the results by the vendor using the filter icon.
- Hover your mouse over the images to see some of the information that product contains and press the green 'Add Product' button to update the product.
- A message should appear asking if you want to update or replace the existing information. Pressing 'Update' will only add information from the catalog if there's nothing in that field. For example, if this product already contains an image it would not replace it with the one from the catalog. If you pressed the 'Replace' button this would replace any existing information with the details from the catalog. This is useful if you want to update a product description with a more detailed one from the catalog.
- Once you verify the information has been updated, press the green 'Save Product' button to save your changes. Leaving the page or pressing the 'Cancel' button will not save the updated information.
Click here to watch a video tutorial.