Once your Customer Success Manager (or in some cases, you) adds the domain name entries (DNS) to your domain registrar (usually GoDaddy), your site will go through what is called DNS Propagation.
When a new website propagates it goes through a process that moves to the domain address (www.yoursite...) from its original "direction", usually your old website, to your brand new Rain website. Temporary "side effects" can include:
- Not being able to view your live site online.
- The old website may still appear on your domain (web address).
- Not receiving emails connected to your domain.
- Both websites (new or old) could be unavailable in a certain browser.
- Your site may appear correctly in one browser or computer, but not in another.
These small effects should only last up to 24-48 hours, so please plan on that before marketing your new site to your customer base. If your site is still not showing after at least 48 hours from receiving confirmation from your Customer Success Manager, please contact us at 385-404-6200.